[Novalug] South East Linuxfest

Rich Kulawiec rsk@gsp.org
Fri Mar 20 12:13:27 EDT 2020

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 11:54:32AM -0400, Roger Broseus via Novalug wrote:
> THINK TWICE about attending the Fest. The pandemic will get worse before
> it gets better. And, the Fest web site gives doubtful info:
>
> "COVID-19 is similar in transmission and seriousness to a bad seasonal
> flu. We expect like the seasonal flu for it to ease up with warmer
> weather. We expect June in NC to be 'very VERY warm'."
>
> Experts say this'd is not true. Covid is NOT like the flu virus and may
> well continue to be a problem. There is also the problem of re-infection
> later in the cycle. AND, it IS worse than seasonal flu.

Roger, you're exactly right.  Whoever wrote that should be removed from
any SE-LF involvement and banned for life.

PSA: anybody trying to spread COVID-19 misinformation on this list or any other
list that I have involvement with will be immediately removed and blacklisted.
So if you're thinking of posting something and there is any question about
its legitimacy, ask me first, and we'll try to verify it together.

I've compiled links to medical/scientific/public health resources here:

	Covid19
	http://www.firemountain.net/covid19.html

I haven't updated it today yet, but I have a few new ones to add.
Suggestions, correction, etc., are all welcome -- off-list, please.
If you find errors, like broken links or links to source that aren't
reputable, let me know about those too.  I'm trying to be very judicious
about what I put on that page, partly to keep it small and partly to
avoid putting up a link to anything bogus, but it's a stressful time
and like everyone, I'm more prone to making mistakes.

---rsk