[Novalug] HP vs Brother printers use with Linux

Peter Larsen peter@peterlarsen.org
Sun Jun 28 17:18:02 EDT 2020

Sorry Jay - but a quick view of the manual states that's not the case -
or rather, it's not the only way to use/install it:
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06584213

I haven't yet seen a printer where you cannot do the basic configuration
on the printer. The apps I think is an attempt to make it easier for
non-techies to set things up like providing the WiFi access information.
 But that doesn't mean you cannot do it the old fashioned way.
That said, it's sorta why I still prefer the wired way - much simpler to
setup when the printer has a very small screen and odd buttons. That
said, you can set it up without an app.

--
Regards
  Peter Larsen