[Novalug] OT: old white men blabbing

John Holland johnbholland@icloud.com
Sun Aug 16 14:38:19 EDT 2020

Linux has always seemed to me to be dominated by OWM (like me). It's a serious issue for all of tech, but I think it's particularly bad with Linux.

https://sdtimes.com/softwaredev/theres-a-diversity-problem-in-the-tech-industry-and-its-not-getting-any-better/

We could try and spread the Linux gospel ("good news") to a more diverse audience. I don't know if they would want us ("us" meaning OWM). Here are a couple organizations we might contact. A young woman interested in tech might prefer to be in a space dominated by similar people. In this age of Zoom meetings it could be possible a "Linux ambassador" could visit and present the OS we love in such a space?

https://girlswhocode.com/about-us

https://www.blackgirlscode.com/

John