[Novalug] Switching Branches in GIT

James Ewing Cottrell III jecottrell3@comcast.net
Fri Sep 22 02:17:07 EDT 2017

OK...you win..maybe. I didn't think about what git diff might show, but
then again, I wonder whether it could just detect whether a file *is*
binary and not even try diff it. Perhaps we need a .gitbin file, which
is formatted like .gitignore, declaring various globs and regexps as binary.

But I was speaking of /etc only. I thought I mentioned that awhile back,
but as it turns out, I missed it.

You are confusing Content Managers with Configuration Managers. I am
definitely a fan of each. And in spite of me calling it that, I still
consider git to be a DVCS.

JIM