[Novalug] ls -d

Rich Kulawiec rsk@gsp.org
Mon Oct 17 17:08:54 EDT 2016

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 04:56:25PM -0400, William Sutton via Novalug wrote:
> As an alternative to multiple |grep -v (or |grep -vi) filters, you can also
> |egrep -vi "pattern1|pattern2|pattern3|...etc..."

I'm aware.  But for an ad hoc experiment like the one I suggested,
it's easier to type:

	command
	!! | grep -v blah
	!! | grep -v foo
	!! | grep -v bar

Thus building up the command as you go.   Yes, it's inefficient (since
each successive line uses another process, and since data keeps getting
piped around, etc.) but for this particular use case, that's unimportant.

---rsk