[Novalug] Found - but (Re: Old fax modem)

Roger W. Broseus rogerb@bronord.com
Fri Oct 14 14:04:13 EDT 2016

John,

I found an old PCMCIA fax modem! You are welcome to have it if it would work
for you. I got it after monkeying around endlessly trying to make An internal
modem, on a laptop, work under Linux. Of course, the internal modem was a
cheap-out, Win-modem. They were dependent upon software in Window$, hence, no
driver for Linux. I also have the modular phone connector needed to connect to
a phone line, not to mention a phone-line splitter.

I found some internal fax modems on eBay.

FWIW, I also found a PCMCIA ethernet card. I guess I just couldn't bring
myself to toss these little beauts, even tho I did toss an internal fax modem.

Anybody who can use either of these items? Just let me know. <ha!>Else I may
just have to auction them to the highest bidder on eBay </ha!>.

--
Roger W. Broseus - Linux User
     Email: RogerB@bronord.com

On 10/14/2016 01:44 AM, John Franklin via Novalug wrote:
> Yeah, I would like to avoid any Winmodems, too.
>
> A friend needs to be able to send faxes, I’d like to do with with a minimum of external equipment as there is enough stuff on her desk already.  She’s on an old Windows machine, so an old internal (real) modem would be perfect.  Otherwise, I’ll probably pick up one of these [1] as it’s about as small an external as I’m likely to find.
>
> jf
> [1] http://www.microcenter.com/product/438225/H50113_V92_56K_External_USB_Data_Fax_Voice_Dial_Up_Internet_Modem_Windows_7_Vista_XP_32_Bit_64_Bit_RoHS
[snip]