[Novalug] Lots of networking

greg pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Wed Nov 30 07:08:34 EST 2016

Snipping

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016, 12:13 AM Peter Larsen via Novalug <
novalug@firemountain.net> wrote:

> On 11/29/2016 06:52 AM, greg pryzby via Novalug wrote:
> > There appears to be a number of questions around networking recently and
> > maybe we can try to have a talk.
>
> That's a great idea - however let's make sure those who come will be the
> ones wanting/needing the information. Just because we discuss stuff on
> the list, doesn't mean that audience will be present at our in-person
> meetings?
>
> SNIP
>
> > While wanting to understand NAT and daisy chaining off a computer can be
> > done, the amount of effort and requirements get a little crazy when
> 0$-40$
> > will allow it to work, in seconds and be stable (no tinkering needed).
>
> But frankly, to me that's the purpose of the group here? To learn how
> things work?

I am for try simply to complex. If I can "plug and play", do that first.
Now you have something that works you can tweak, change, etc.  Starting out
hard isnt a good idea imho.  And by hard I mean you need to understand
details and edit something :)

The list is for helping but there is only so much that can be done in
writing.

> --

greg pryzby
SOCIAL MEDIA: gpryzby