[Novalug] Aaarrrghghgh! : ifconfig (was networking...)

Walt Smith waltechmail@yahoo.com
Thu Nov 24 22:16:19 EST 2016

below:

-------prior:

ip route del Just Works.  The old way never did seem to work.

Plus you can script easier with the new ip <command> syntax than with the
old ways.

I hate change for the sake of change, but sometimes it really is useful
because things really did need fixing.

William Sutton

-------------------

and I thought I was doing something wrong....
err..... welll......
In the hundreds ( thousands )
of networking tries using ifconfig and route the last 2 weeks
( and years before ), I regularly ran into trying to
delete some route, and the darn thing just wouldn't go away..
( the majority of the times my changes or additions didn't
work either... so I clearly don't know what the f--- is going on !! )

I'm not sure as I didn't try to "prove" it, but taking the
interface down first may have worked....   but I DID run into
the problem of a route Not Going Away !!!  Drove me batty...

Will try ip next time-- if I get there ..

Walt .....

----