[Novalug] Where to meet (was Re: Thank you Peter and Dan)

Roger W. Broseus RogerB@bronord.com
Tue Nov 22 11:06:18 EST 2016

But crossing the River and going all the way to Reston is barrier to
"Easterners." Tyson's is much easier for me coming from Bethesda. Of course,
if the greatest concentration of attendees are from the hinterlands of Reston,
the weight of convenience sways that way.

I'm not convinced that there are barriers to entry that keep people away at R.H.

And, workload on organizers should be minimized.

--
Roger W. Broseus - Linux User
     Email: RogerB@bronord.com

On 11/22/2016 10:47 AM, John Franklin via Novalug wrote:
> Reston traffic tends to be better than Tysons Corner traffic.  If access to the building doesn’t require posting someone downstairs or getting someone to badge you into the office, then I would suggest a move.
>
> I appreciate all that Red Hat has done for us, both the open source community "us" and the NovaLUG "us", but I’m sure our attendance is lower because of the literal barriers to entry.
>
> jf
>
>> On Nov 14, 2016, at 12:45 PM, greg pryzby via Novalug <novalug@firemountain.net> wrote:
>>
>> I want to thank Peter for being a fearless leader and stepping in as my
>> life gets in the way of attending meetings.
>>
>> Thanks to Dan for speaking again. I need to find and watch the presentation.
>>
>> I am all for starting earlier.
>>
>> Come January I will have a lovely space in Reston (Hunter Mill Rd and
>> Sunrise Valley) if we need to move. I am NOT suggesting a move, but I will
>> have 24x7 access to the space.
>>
>> --
>>
>> greg pryzby
>> SOCIAL MEDIA: gpryzby