[Novalug] There's now a $45 hard drive for your Raspberry Pi. Worth it?

jerry w jerrywone@gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 02:32:50 EDT 2016

maybe WD is feeling like they are the 8 inch floppy company and had to get
a peice of the pie, so to speak?

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 1:17 AM, James Ewing Cottrell III via Novalug <
novalug@firemountain.net> wrote:

> Right, except that if all that's on your SD Card is /boot, all you are
> doing is Reading it except when you update your kernel or change the grub
> files.
>
> Or does Reading wear it out too?
>
> JIM
>
> On 3/15/2016 10:56 AM, condew HacDC via Novalug wrote:
>
>> I have read many places that SD cards can be wo[r]n out, and somebody at
>> HacDC
>> told me they have worn SD cards out in routers.

Jerry W