[Novalug] AT&T's latest Linux choice may profoundly shape Ubuntu - TechRepublic

Bryan J Smith b.j.smith@ieee.org
Sat Jan 30 22:59:31 EST 2016

Kevin Cole via Novalug <novalug@firemountain.net> wrote:
> http://www.techrepublic.com/article/at-ts-latest-linux-choice-may-profoundly-shape-ubuntu/

Been following AT&T, especially since they cut some of their own cloud
division last year.

I.e., I cannot talk about it, but at one point, I was directly
involved with their evaluations.  It didn't surprise me when they
canned everyone on the team I was working with.  Again, cannot talk
about it.

I'm still wondering how much is services and how much Canonical is
getting out of the deal

I.e., the last time I checked, AT&T has outsourced a lot of this
because of costs.  So it will be interesting how and, more
interestingly yet, where the actual systems and services will be
located.

OpenStack continues to be a services-heavy proposition, either
internally or by partnerships, and not netting a lot of "traditional"
software sales and support.

--
Bryan J Smith - http://www.linkedin.com/in/bjsmith