[Novalug] OT - sad news - Marvin Minsky died at 88 on Monday 25 Jan 2016

Rich Kulawiec rsk@gsp.org
Thu Jan 28 18:24:16 EST 2016

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 01:54:03PM -0500, Bonnie Dalzell via Novalug wrote:
> This is especially sad for me because I was fortunate enough to know
> him when I worked for the AI Lab in '74>'75 and he was a very nice
> person who shared his love for learning and encouraged people to
> learn and expand their thinking.

I'm sorry for our loss, and I'm sorry for the personal impact this has on you.

Minsky's "The Society of Mind" is, I think, essential reading for anyone
trying to understand cognition and AI.  It's not his only book, of course,
and I'm sure other folks would rank others ahead of it -- but it's the one
I'd pick to introduce people to his brilliant intellect.

---rsk