[Novalug] FreePress: FBI vs. Apple rally tomorrow

Kevin Cole dc.loco@gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 23:06:21 EST 2016

And a similar message from the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF)...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Shahid Buttar | EFF Activism Team" <organizing@eff.org>
Date: Feb 22, 2016 21:40
Subject: A good excuse to leave work early

> This is a friendly message from the Electronic Frontier Foundation. View
it in a web browser.

> Are you concerned about the FBI's demands of Apple? By forcing the
company to engineer new code that would be dangerous in the wrong hands,
last week's judicial order could ultimately undermine device platform
security, individual privacy, and international human rights.

> We'll be assisting the legal battle with an amicus brief supporting
Apple's position in this case. As controversy mounts, we also invite you to
participate by joining our friends at Fight for the Future at a rally
tomorrow at the FBI Headquarters.

> The digital rights movement has organized rallies in dozens of cities
across the country tomorrow, including one near you. Can you take a moment
to share this event with your friends, and join us tomorrow?

> What: A rally to support your privacy, individual security, and
international human rights
> Where: Federal Bureau of Investigation, J. Edgar Hoover building,
Pennsylvania Avenue & 9th Street NW
> When: Tuesday, February 23 at 5:30pm EST
>
> Thank you for raising your voice!
>
> Shahid Buttar
> Director of Grassroots Advocacy
>
> Electronic Frontier Foundation, 815 Eddy Street, San Francisco, CA 94109
USA.