[Novalug] Process intercommunication

James Ewing Cottrell III jecottrell3@comcast.net
Fri Dec 30 19:29:47 EST 2016

You shouldn't Object to Objects. While the term OO has been Overhyped,
it is one of the most useful Paradigms (<--- it's OK if you object to
THAT word) in (not so) Recent Computing History.

And indeed, it's what Good Programmers have been doing since Forever,
even in C and UNIX.

I would say that DBUS is Way Bigger than "Interprocess Communication".
It's more of a Channelized Publish/Subscribe model, as are the following
things: UseNet newsgroups, IRC channels, #hashtag groups, WiFi channels
and SSIDs, Walking Talkie Bands, TV and Radio, and even email (if you
consider sending to Mailing Lists).

What makes this Bigger than IPC is that you Don't Know (or Care) who or
how many entities you are talking to.

Things that are similar to DBUS include RabbitMQ, AMQS, and Amazon's SNS
(Simple Notification Service).

JIM