[Novalug] modemmanager ( how, where ?)

Ed James edward.james@gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 04:16:18 EST 2016

Hardly.  After my DSL had an outage, but POTS was still working, ah done
got me a freebie dial-up account via my local library as a back-up system.

I also know folks who *rarely* use a computer for whom dial-up makes good
financial sense.

I also know folks who are "too far out" or live in too sparse an area for
the normal high-speed internet options.

I also know of suites of test/monitor equipment that periodically phone
home and do a data dump for a few minutes once a day.

...and the beat goes on...

Ed James