[Novalug] gnome-applet permissions

James Ewing Cottrell III jecottrell3@comcast.net
Wed Dec 28 23:42:40 EST 2016

I think there the problem is that you are confusing an "applet" with a
"program". I once tried looking thru the Gnome (or was it KDE?) hierachy
for a specific applet/program, and was dismayed to find that I couldn't
execute it directly as a Program, that I need some part of the Window
System Framework to provide the Proper Context.

Sigh.

JIM