[Novalug] Network Manager ( is it all there ?)

greg pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Mon Dec 26 21:19:20 EST 2016

Without screenshots, it is a guess. There is an icon in the upper right
that is where NetworkManager selects the Wireless/Wired/VPN/etc.

The screen you are referring to, sounds like the config screen.

So config vs add.

(From the internet as to lazy to go to Linux box to grab images)
PICK
http://i1-linux.softpedia-static.com/screenshots/NetworkManager_1.png

CONFIG
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-NK675YRGZiU/UENC3Qo332I/AAAAAAAAAl8/4pa6IwqfG_A/s1600/network_manager_gonem_linux.png

On Mon, Dec 26, 2016 at 5:55 PM Walt Smith via Novalug <
novalug@firemountain.net> wrote:

> hi,
>
> after a yum update,  I have a icon and menu item to
> start Network Manager but it looks/acts differently.
>
> It starts with the window to select or add a connections.
> It has wired and wireless listings.
> But has no  way to "enable" or disable connections.
> There is no longer any way to select to
> connect, or even radio survey:   There is only a selection to
> add, delete or edit a previous list that was there.
>
> A way to fix it would be very helpful....
>
> NOTE:  I updated it as part of an incremental update
> not a month or 2 ago, it didn't change, and this update
> should have been be very minor.  It wasn't.
>
> note:
> Plugging in a USB connector using a Smartphone
> as a router worked OK. So do several peripherals
> out on a eth0 192.168.1.x   And ppp, more or less still
> works.
>

> thx,

> ----
>  The government is lawless, not the press (people).
>  ( [Supreme Court] Justice Douglas re: The Pentagon Papers )

greg pryzby
SOCIAL MEDIA: gpryzby