[Novalug] TV Box: Android or ???

greg pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Mon Dec 26 12:20:36 EST 2016

At the end of the day the question is going to become how much do you want
to spend for your programming and how much time you want to spend looking
for stuff free or cheap. The device at the end of day isn't going to
matter, you're going to either have to subscribe to services, or figure out
ways to get it  for free.

So the age-old question of Time Versus money is the question you need to
answer.

On Mon, Dec 26, 2016, 12:08 PM Jay Hart via Novalug <
novalug@firemountain.net> wrote:

> I don't have cable TV and I'm looking to ditch netflix.  What I'm looking
> at doing are the following:
>
> 1. Browse for movies, example 'The Blob" (original 50s movie)
>
> 2. Browse for active sports events, watch real time, such as the NFL game
> tonight.
>
> 3. Browse for TV channels, such as Nat Geo, watch current programming
>
> I'm looking at either the XBMC Mart boxes, or the Gostreamer G8 4K Ultra
> HD Android TV Media hub
>
> What I'm not sure if these boxes will do what I want.  I'm more interested
> in real time sports and
> older movies then current cable programming.
>
> Can anyone offer their experiences or guidance.  My budget is $175 for a
> device.
>
> Thanking you in advance,
>
> Jay

greg pryzby