[Novalug] Ethernet cable for outdoor use: UV protected

Roy Wilson roywilson1963@gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 09:41:50 EST 2016

On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 9:27 AM, greg pryzby via Novalug <
novalug@firemountain.net> wrote:

I would opt for UV. That said I tool old cat 5 and have used it for years
> working replacing and no issues but not the smartest thing (probably)

  Speaking as an electrician, *not* using conduit for *any* outside wiring
is foolish.  3/4" grey plastic conduit is about $4 per ten foot length.

  There are a dozen other kinds of exterior conduit, flex, and hundreds of
box styles for the ends.

  For a run or three of ethernet cable, even running it inside cheap garden
hose would work.