[Novalug] route take a very long time

Jared Scott jared@jaredscott.com
Fri Dec 16 14:38:54 EST 2016

The next time it hangs, try to run it with 'route -n' instead and see if
the problem goes away.

route -n tells the route command to not bother trying to look up host names.

>From man route
       -n     show numerical addresses instead of trying to determine
symbolic host names. This is useful if you are trying to deter-
              mine why the route to your nameserver has vanished.