[Novalug] IRC chat and IP address privacy

Jason P. Thomas jthomasp@gmualumni.org
Thu Dec 15 11:31:26 EST 2016

Most of the official open source support channels are on Freenode. If
you're on freenode, I think you just have to go into #Freenode and ask
for an unaffiliated cloak.  It will then be associated with your nick
serv account and as long as you authenticate to nickserv on connect,
you'll get the cloak.  I manage project cloaks for a project I volunteer
with, and when I need to give someone a new one, I just go in #freenode
and ask.

The Other Jay