[Novalug] :wq vs ZZ

Karri Balk kbalk@cutter.rexx.com
Wed Dec 14 11:47:43 EST 2016

> However, even assuming that you Wanted to write, "ZZ", oer even ":x" is
> easier to type than ":wq". And yet, the latter persists in documentation.

A very long time ago I switched from using "ZZ" to ":wq" because I
found the former was exiting the file without saving changes.  It was
a very painful lesson.

That was when I was still using "vi" and maybe "vim" has fixed the
problem.  In any case, I found it easier to remember one command that
works successfully in all cases then to switch between two different
commands.

Karri