[Novalug] Networking / CLI / VPN Connections

greg pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Wed Dec 14 09:19:14 EST 2016

Roger,

I am not sure of your ask or if you were just stating some stuff.

Please reword as a question and i might be able to help. Or maybe my grasp
of English is poor this am

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016, 7:56 AM William Sutton via Novalug <
novalug@firemountain.net> wrote:

> Roger,
>
> with respect to sudo, you can edit /etc/sudoers to allow a specific user
> to run a specific command without requiring a password.  See, for example,
>

> http://www.atrixnet.com/allow-an-unprivileged-user-to-run-a-certain-command-with-sudo/
>
> The examples he gives are
>
> 1. for no command arguments:
>
> joe ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /full/path/to/command
>
> 2. for a command with arguments:
>
> joe ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /full/path/to/command ARG1 ARG2
>
> --
>
> I've done this for other applications and it is really handy.
>
> William Sutton
>
> On Tue, 13 Dec 2016, Roger W. Broseus via Novalug wrote:
>
> > All the discussion has led me to new levels of experimentation!
> >
> > I've been having trouble with the method / app provided by Private
> Private
> > Internet Access to open a VPN connection. The app / "widget" borks when
> /home
> > is encrypted. Other methods that they suggest are clumsy.
> >
> > Voilà: the openvpn command. I'm toying with it but wonder what the "best"
> > command might be?
> >
> > I'm also stuck with having to use sudo, a stumbling block for automating
> this
> > with a script or an alias. How to get around that will be interesting.
> >
> > --
> > Roger W. Broseus - Linux User
> >     Email: RogerB@bronord.com
> >     Web Site: www.bronord.com