[Novalug] tool for wireless

John Cheng john.z.cheng@gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 09:53:37 EST 2016

I'm assuming you don't see that information on the router box's web
interface.

If so, then there's no easy way from your PC to get that information. Your
wireless router may support a protocol to provide some of that data. The
old "management" protocol for that has the acronym SNMP (simple network
management protocol). Despite the name, it is not that "simple". I cannot
recall the name of the newer protocol(s). With either though, you would
need specialized software on your PC that can talk the protocol and then
present the information for a human.

If you can ssh to your router, and if it runs a Linux-based image like
DD-RT or OpenWRT, then you may be able to use the "iw" commands on it just
like your PC.