[Novalug] Ethernet cable for outdoor use: UV protected

James Ewing Cottrell III jecottrell3@comcast.net
Thu Dec 22 23:02:57 EST 2016

How about some Sunscreen? But what will you do about Cosmic Rays?

OK, so your Red Cables get Bleached White. But SO WHAT?!?

UV rays can be Nasty, but they are Easy to Stop. Think about it...one
layer of Cloth keeps you from getting Sunburnt. Don't you think the
Plastic on the Cable will Protect the Wires Inside?

OK, so maybe the UV helps break down the plastic, but I'd thing that
Temperature and Moisture Changes would do More Harm. Perhaps UV is just
a Codeword for Climate Tough Construction.

I like the Garden Hose idea. Then there is that Flexible Plastic Tubing.

I knew two Orthodox Jews from Pikesville that ran a cable Across The
Road thru a pair of Trees in their Yard. ISTR it being ThinNet.

But UV?!? Now I've heard Everything!

JIM