[Novalug] Ext4 != Ext4. Is XFS == XFS?

Roger RogerB@bronord.com
Mon Dec 12 13:08:54 EST 2016

Jim, if I understand your problem correctly, consider starting from scratch. Save data / key "stuff" to another disk, maybe external, and reformat / install from scratch. I've found this to, in the end, overcome beating my head against an unyielding wall. FWIW, you probably know about the advantages of putting /home on s separate partition.
--
Roger Broseus

(Please excuse tiepos induzed by the droided predictive text tool.)