[Novalug] Suggestions for web interface?

Peter Larsen peter@peterlarsen.org
Sun Dec 11 18:31:25 EST 2016

Well, let me start by saying that "applets" are out.  All those
"security holes in java" stuff in the media 3-4-5 years ago were all
about applet engines that weren't kept up to date and caused all kinds
of issues. In general, the JVMs are not going in that direction anymore.
For client based processing it's JavaScript which is generated and
managed by code downloaded from the middle-tier. The effect is almost
the same - very advanced UIs in a browser - but there's no longer an
executable being downloaded with all kinds of strange libraries.

Regards
  Peter Larsen