[Novalug] Suggestions for web interface?

greg pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Sun Dec 11 09:58:42 EST 2016

Nice to meet you. I took a chance and typed "swing app in a browser" there
are were a few hits that looked really promising. This means you would have
to do nothing to the code to get it running, or at least that appears to be
the case.

https://www.google.com/webhp?q=swing%20app%20in%20browser

Take a look and see if that helps.

Now, it might be worthwhile to not use Java, but that is a different
discussion :D

On Sun, Dec 11, 2016 at 9:19 AM Howard Buie via Novalug <
novalug@firemountain.net> wrote:

> Hello. My name is Howard, and I am new to the list. Briefly, I'm within my
> first 2 years in a second career as a Java developer. My first career was
> as an x-ray equipment repair person in a hospital. I went back to school,
> got a Computer Science degree, and now I work in the financial industry.
>
> While in school, I began a project that is meant to be educational for the
> user. Currently, it's a Java desktop application. One of my intentions for
> it has always been to make it available via a web interface, and I'm ready
> to get busy again doing that. I just don't really know where to begin in
> order to do it. Is there anyone here that might be interested in looking at
> what I have and suggesting a particular technology/framework? What would be
> the best way?
>
> I did try to separate the concerns as much as I knew how. The ui talks to
> the back end via a controller, so there is some separation that already
> exists. I hoped this would make creating the server side relatively
> straightforward when the time came to do that. I am particularly baffled by
> how to create an interface similar to the one I did with Swing.
>
> You can probably tell that I know very little and will ask dumb questions.
> I'm sure there are some dumb things I've said already in this email that I
> don't realize yet. Below is the link to the project:
> https://github.com/hbuie112358/picMicroView
>
> It's nice to meet you, and thanks for pointing me in a direction!
>
> Howard

greg pryzby
SOCIAL MEDIA: gpryzby