[Novalug] Hosting email

Michael Henry lug-user@drmikehenry.com
Sat Dec 10 15:21:26 EST 2016

On 12/10/2016 02:44 PM, Nick Danger via Novalug wrote:
> Is there any email provider that lets you change the "from"?

Until recently, I'd been using Verizon's SMTP server for
outbound email, but then my outbound email stopped flowing due
to the Verizon policy change that Jon LaBadie mentioned on-list
recently.  I've used phpwebhosting.com for hosting my web
content for many years now, and their service includes email
(which I've been using for inbound email).  They permit me to
set my "From" address to be whatever I want, so that's what I'm
using now for outbound email as well as inbound.  They do cost
around $10/month, though, which is a lot if all you want it SMTP
service.  I haven't researched other options that might be
cheaper.

Michael Henry