[Novalug] linux laptop reccommendation request

Kevin Cole dc.loco@gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 13:27:18 EST 2016

On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 12:31 PM, Bonnie Dalzell via Novalug
<novalug@firemountain.net> wrote:

> I am looking to add a later model linux capable laptop to my collection.
> Price is important. Its purpose it to let me do some internet, webmail and
> some perl programming while traveling and to have some harddrive storage for
> photos (although I can carry along usb memory sticks). I have yet not tried
> to put linux on a UEFI machine. How difficult is this?

Micro Center has a Raspberry Pi Laptop Kit -- though you can probably
find cheaper. ;-)

http://www.microcenter.com/product/463788/Laptop_Kit_-_Gray

Thinkpad seems to be the most common beast that turns up when I do a
search on used / cheap Linux boxes.