[Novalug] android development

Walt Smith waltechmail@yahoo.com
Thu Dec 8 15:44:28 EST 2016

Greg,

Actually, it does answer a couple:  particularly the
toolkits, which sound familiar, say in X,  ( which I
really don't know -- another  lecture ?), and the
fact that multiple languages, and not Just Java
are used for app development.

thx,

Walt...........

----
 The government is lawless, not the press (people).
 ( [Supreme Court] Justice Douglas re: The Pentagon Papers )

On Thu, 12/8/16, greg pryzby <greg@pryzby.org> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [Novalug] android development
 To: "Walt Smith" <waltechmail@yahoo.com>, "novalug" <novalug@firemountain.net>
 Date: Thursday, December 8, 2016, 3:25 PM

 Walt,Think of an app as a game for a video
 game system. It is something that is a black box that you an
 load onto your device and interact with as the app
 describes.
 The next
 level down is there are toolkits where you can 'drag and
 drop' stuff to build the framework. You can then dig
 into the code.
 wrote a WYSIWYG program for writing Xwindows apps by
 dragging and dropping. The interface was coded with stubs
 for the callbacks. There are similar things for phone app
 developerment. There are also higher langauges that can
 generate what is needed for the device (IOS or Android and
 maybe others) also.
 Maybe that helps?

 On Thu, Dec
 8, 2016 at 1:56 PM Walt Smith via Novalug <novalug@firemountain.net>