[Novalug] How to get data from s5 running Android 6.0.1?

Walt Smith waltechmail@yahoo.com
Sun Dec 4 14:39:15 EST 2016

Are you sure you have the right
version number?  Mine is 2.3.4 and the
firmware is linux 2.6.32.9

System version 45.6, which probably means
nothing as it's Verzons number.

You could try installing another file Manager
to access on-phone files.  For a dbus connection,
I suggest the phone be in "home" mode, check
your tether setting ( OK, not much there, ) wifi
off, and it's ask you about trust.

I also occassionaly have to unplug and replug,
and be Sure to try another USB on the computer.

**
I also have the same /dev/USB quesition !!

With 3 USB devices plugged in, I only get one
showing in ifconfig. and it has an IP.
Why ?

I also get a single  type of USB device similar
to what you show with 3 plugged in.

Walt.

------
So is this support really such a joke? WHY!

I was given a Boost Galaxy s5 with cracked screen; Figured I'd try to
learn it a bit.

I can plug USB cable too win7 and access files same as flash drive NO
problem.

Booted to Fedora 19 NO!

dmesg shows it is seen but not connected to a device.

Looking around some saw to install and use simple-mtpfs.

Now I am getting the pop-up dialog to open file manager but that is weird.

Left side only shows:
/home/me
/

Location bar shows :
mtp://[usb:001,058]/

Right side shows:
Phone

----
 The government is lawless, not the press (people).
 ( [Supreme Court] Justice Douglas re: The Pentagon Papers )