[Novalug] F.C. 1 -- the ethernet cable goes where ?

Peter Larsen peter@peterlarsen.org
Sat Dec 3 15:08:33 EST 2016

On 12/02/2016 11:59 PM, Howard L via Novalug wrote:
> You guys should organize all these talks into an
> "Understanding Linux Network Configuration, 2014++" article
> for the novalug website?
> I would read it!
Hmmmm - why not simply link to sources like this:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Networking_Guide/
?

Unless we're talking a "Networking ABC" that covers from the OSI layers
to TCP/IP specific implementation that teaches how networking actually
works, I'm pretty sure I couldn't do any better that official product
documentation in regards on how the Network Manager tooling works. There
are similar sites that maps "old" to "new" which should help
transitioning.  It's not that I mind writing about this - but does it
really make sense repeating existing guides?

--
Regards
  Peter Larsen