[Novalug] Ext4 != Ext4. Is XFS == XFS?

James Ewing Cottrell III jecottrell3@comcast.net
Mon Dec 12 12:47:42 EST 2016

Maybe. As I have said, I still use Windows to read my mail (OK...I'll
make it my New Year's Resolution), so I don't often have Linux available.

I also was mistaken about "doesn't work". It works Just Fine until it
Breaks. Then it "doesn't work".

Being mistaken about the frequency of breakage led me to believe that
the problem was mode widely known. I suppose that it's a Credit to the
Stability of Linux that neither you, nor Jon, not to mention many
others, have never encountered this issue.

Bottom Line: RHEL M cannot fix ext4 problems created by RHEL N ext4
filesystems where M < N.

The question still remains whether the above sentence is true after
s/ext4/xfs/g

I suppose I'll just have to Find Out Myself.

JIM