[Novalug] Sept Meeting

Stuart Gathman stuart@gathman.org
Sat Aug 27 13:14:19 EDT 2016

On 08/26/2016 04:36 PM, greg pryzby via Novalug wrote:
> Is someone willing to lead/moderate/organize the discussion around editors?
We have two major parties:

The Emacs party is the party of the Big Editor.  The Editor should take
care of everything for you, even compiling.

The Vim party is the party of the Small Editor.  Except now, with its
huge macro and python library, it is really no different than the Emacs
party.

And then we have multiple "third" parties, like Nano (the Minimal
Editor) and Gedit.

On top of that, we have the integrated Editors of corporate IDEs like
Eclipse and Visual Studio.

Are we gonna vote on which Editor is the One True Editor?