[Novalug] OT Re: The OS Your Main Computer Runs

Beartooth beartooth@Beartooth.Info
Fri Aug 19 09:55:13 EDT 2016

On Thu, 18 Aug 2016, Nick Danger via Novalug wrote:

> Be careful with statistics, slice them the right way and they
> can show you anything. As the expression goes 'Lies, Damn Lies,
> and Statistics.'

 	If anybody isn't already familiar with the fun little
book of that title, by one Darrell Huff (July 15, 1913 – June 27,
2001), go out and buy it today. In fact, buy several, and
distribute than among your least technoid friends. (For your
librarian's convenience, the lccn is 53013322, and (in a big
library) it's shelved at or near HA29 .H82.)

 	And while we're at it, also get The Existential pleasures
of engineering by Samuel C. Florman. LC seems to have several
copies, including off-site ones. It;ll be at or near HA29.H82

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Autodidact Linuxxer
They say it's a great life, if you don't weaken.