[Novalug] Viewing PDF files in Firefox

Jay Hart jhart@kevla.org
Tue Aug 16 19:52:01 EDT 2016

Firefox has a built in pdf viewer and its never worked for me because, while I followed the
instructions shown below, I NEVER shut down Firefox and restarted once I made the changes.

Uses HTML5 to display PDF files directly in Firefox.

To use the built-in version: uninstall the add-on and make sure the built in one is enabled by
going to preferences->Applications->"Portable Document Format(PDF)" and make sure "Preview in
Firefox is selected"

Note: PDF.js is part of the Firefox since version 19. The extension is mostly used to bring newer
version of the PDF.js library to the older Firefox version. It will be marked as incompatible
starting from the Firefox version 35.

Once I followed these instructions AND restarted Firefox BOOM, its working now!!!!

Jay