[Novalug] linux issues

Ed James edward.james@gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 07:50:13 EDT 2016

I feel the pain.  I hit an issue (more browser than Linux) accessing my
Linksys WRT54G (ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH) because "newer"
browsers consider my router to be unsecure now.  So, configuring my router
has now become problematic.

With an older version of Firefox, I found a work-around, that didn't seem
to work with a newer version.  Dunno how to get Chrome to work with the
WRT54G.

I suppose there's a Chrome fix (router firmware upgrade? override on the
security setting buried somewhere?).  But <expletive deleted>, it really
ticks me off to see an attitude of developers (including some in NoVaLUG)
that the "way to go" is just drop more coin on newer equipment and trash
the older stuff that works just fine and dandy (except for some code that
somebody else wrote).

Ed James
</rant>