[Novalug] e-mail security

Rich Kulawiec rsk@gsp.org
Wed Sep 16 12:08:12 EDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 11:51:52AM -0400, Bryan J Smith via Novalug wrote:
> Kinda like how the Republicans could get access to the full, complete
> and unedited copy of Hillary Clinton's e-mail server at any point in
> time, but I doubt the Chinese and Russians would openly allow such
> access.

It's not unknown for Attacker A (who succeeds first) to work on hardening
the compromised system in order to deflect Attackers B, C, D, etc.

And yes, this particular e-mail server was a laughably incompetent deployment.
We'll never know the full truth, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was
compromised before it went into production.

---rsk