[Novalug] converting old cassette audio tapes to digital

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell@qis.net
Thu Nov 26 16:16:00 EST 2015

On Thu, 26 Nov 2015, Roger Broseus wrote:

> As others have said, you can probably take audio-out from the tape
> player to audio-in on your sound card. Start with low volume to avoid
> over-driving the sound card. Audacity is likely the way to go. I believe
> it may even clean-up tape hiss / noise. Good luck.

can Audacity be used on the converted file to clean up hiss and clicks
after the conversion provided you have set the sound volume properly?

I have some old "folk song" type tapes from the 1960's which I have not
found current versions on line. For example a bunch of songs each of which
is based on a different Edgar Allen Poe story.

Of course there is also my audio reel to reel tape collection and no reel
to reel tape player.

At least the Oscar Brand music seems to be online.

                        Bonnie Dalzell, MA
mail:PO box 9767 Baldwin, MD, USA 21013  |  EMAIL:bdalzell@qis.net
shipping address:5100 Hydes Rd 21082 (Hydes Post Office closed Jan 2012)
Freelance anatomist, vertebrate paleontologist, writer, illustrator, dog
HOME www.batw.net    ART bdalzellart.batw.net  BUSINESS www.boardingatwedge.com