[Novalug] converting old cassette audio tapes to digital

Stephan Greene ks1g04@gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 15:46:29 EST 2015

It might be worth the time and effort for quality tapes unavailable on CD
or digital. I gave up on most of my lps as took too much time to record,
split tracks, try to clean up noise, add tags, etc. And the results were
not audibly different from what I could find in modern format for anything
I cared about.

Audacity itself is awesome and I use it on Linux and Windows. There are
many how to pages on how to get audio from different sources. My guess is
the usb deck will look like a sound card. I'd be concerned that it would
not work as well as my stereo deck, assuming that deck still works. Tapes
may degrade, too.

Good luck. And happy thanksgiving.

Steve