[Novalug] Domain name registrar recommendation request

Michael Henry lug-user@drmikehenry.com
Wed Nov 18 19:28:18 EST 2015

All,

I've got four domain names I'd like to renew.  They are all
currently with GoDaddy, and the renewal rate has gone up:
- $14.99/year for .com
- $17.99/year for .org
- $16.99/year for .net

I'm considering other registrars, and I wondered if any of you
have recommendations.  NameCheap was recommended in several of
my web searches, so I'd be particularly interested to have if
you have anything pro or con to say about that registrar.

I'm just looking for domain registration; I don't need a
combination registrar and hosting service.  I'm not interested
solely in the price, as I also want to make sure my domain names
remain safely in my possession and don't get lost due to shady
registrar practices.

Thanks for any advice,
Michael Henry