[Novalug] CryptoParty-- giving back

shawn wilson ag4ve.us@gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 22:17:55 EST 2015

We've done it a few times at HacDC. I think they've turned out pretty
good (there seems to be a decent amount of interest). We've had two
different setups - a normal conference (speaker block) type, and an
un-con type (people speak/help as resources are available). Both have
their pros/cons.

I've also cc'd the hacdc list as I know there has been interest in
doing another one, but I haven't felt like organizing one this year.

I'll also note people do other interesting things w/ the forum (from
the mailing list) such as securing Android phones and giving them to
abused woman groups (which was the idea I thought was really outside
the box for a CryptoParty and made me thunk 'huh').