[Novalug] TuxPaint tutorial from my friend Kim Keyes

Phil Shapiro pshapiro@his.com
Tue May 19 17:10:11 EDT 2015

Hi novalug community,

A geek friend of mine in Greenbelt, Kim Keyes, is unemployed and is working to get back on her feet.
Since she is good at computer graphics, I suggested she create a TuxPaint tutorial and sell it on Gumroad.com,
a new web service that makes it very easy to sell your creative files. I suggested she sell the tutorial
at app-store pricing.

Last week she took me up on my suggestion and created a nice PDF and screencast. Each sale of this item will help
her get back on her feet.

If you purchase any version of this tutorial, do let know me know if you'd like to be reimbursed via PayPal. (I reimburse
at $5, because I value your time.)

I'm appending her email to me below -- which contains the links to Gumroad files. Thanks!

phil

Phil:

I'm sending you this e-mail even though you've already seen my tweets because, hey, why not? I went a bit crazy with the tutorial and I created two versions of the tutorial. I did it because I learned through a friend that people have different learning styles and that some people prefer learning via video while others prefer written documentation. So I did both versions. Here are my Gumroad links.

For people whose learning style favors written documentation, I have a . PDF version on sale for $2 at:

https://gumroad.com/l/ZzqIi

For people whose learning style favors visual videos, I have a video version on sale for $2 at:
https://gumroad.com/l/ADuP

And for people who either prefer both versions or for households with two or more people interested in learning Tux Paint but they have widely different styles, I have the Combined Value Package where, for $3, you'll get BOTH the .pdf version AND the video version. It's one dollar cheaper than buying both the .pdf and video versions separately:
https://gumroad.com/l/xEAvi

Now I'm going to see what will happen next.

Kim

Phil Shapiro, pshapiro@his.com
http://www.his.com/pshapiro/briefbio.html
http://www.twitter.com/philshapiro