[Novalug] run as root

jerry w jerrywone@gmail.com
Fri May 15 10:58:28 EDT 2015

nore sure, it stopped working, any gpsbabel, so maybe a system upgrade
killed it, was I was getting the file with gpsbabel directly,
now getting

sudo gpsbabel -i garmin -f usb: -1
Bad cmdsend r 0 sz 12
Bad cmdsend r 0 sz 12
Bad cmdsend r 0 sz 12
Could not start session in a reasonable number of tries.

and a different error,
iirc, i did a mod to the devices somehow, and think that changed?

sudo chown root:root gpsimport.sh
didn't help

i'm not finding the device mods, maybe I can get the original article up
and add here...
http://www.splitbrain.org/blog/2010-12/07-the_garmin_edge_205_under_linux

95-user-rules file is mentioned in the article for arch linux
 i have been able, previously to get the data off the device, but not
anymore, system update or
maybe i corrupted the data on the device, but even usbview is not finding
the garmin, nor is gpsbabel, so system level, device messed up, it charges,
and a reset the device and check the user rules, device privileges?

--
Jerry W