[Novalug] Making a "mobile friendly" site so google gives it a better rating

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell@qis.net
Fri May 8 22:55:47 EDT 2015

I do not know how this will relate to Drupal.

I recently worked over a number of my websites because of a google e-mail
about changes in ranking for sites to be mobie friendly.

there was a very simple approach that helped all of them.

Mobile friendly sites need to automatically adjust to the window size of
the browser.
  so when you do a web page you do not set an absolute default width for
paragraphs, tables etc you let them be relative.

for example a table may be 80% of the width of a page not 1300 pixels and
each cell in a 10 cell table would be 10% not 130 pixels.

Most of my pages did not have absolute placements of things but a css
heavy pages often do so that is something to try and find out about your
pages unless you want to create different versions for different devices.

Also if you want to display on an iPhone or an iPad - DO NOT USE FLASH -
use html5 instead.

                        Bonnie Dalzell, MA
mail:PO box 9767 Baldwin, MD, USA 21013  |  EMAIL:bdalzell@qis.net
shipping address:5100 Hydes Rd 21082 (Hydes Post Office closed Jan 2012)
Freelance anatomist, vertebrate paleontologist, writer, illustrator, dog
HOME www.batw.net    ART bdalzellart.batw.net  BUSINESS www.boardingatwedge.com