[Novalug] Raspberry Pi MODB 512M Sound problem

Subba Rao castellan2004-novalug@yahoo.com
Sun May 3 08:36:34 EDT 2015

Hello everyone,

I did this topic last week but it looks my email configuration was not correctly configured.  So I apologize if you are receiving this email twice.

I had this Raspberry Pi MODB 512M with me for 2 years now.  It was mostly used for playing music and sometimes for email.For the last 3 months, sound completely stopped.  I have reinstalled Raspbian but that did not help.  After that I have tried several other distros from NOOB and none of them can access sound.  At this point I am pretty much tired of searching the Internet and finding no solution.

If anyone else has this model, are you experiencing any issues with sound?  Anyone with any solutions?  I am pasting the most current stream of error messages I am getting with the MOC console player.  The uname output for the Raspbian is

Linux homer 3.18.7+ #755 PREEMPT Thu Feb 12 17:14:31 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux
-----------
$ mocp
Running the server...
Trying JACK...
Trying ALSA...
ALSA lib confmisc.c:768:(parse_card) cannot find card '0'
ALSA lib conf.c:4241:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_card_driver returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib confmisc.c:392:(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings
ALSA lib conf.c:4241:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1251:(snd_func_refer) error evaluating name
ALSA lib conf.c:4241:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:4720:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default
Trying OSS...

FATAL_ERROR: No valid sound driver!

FATAL_ERROR: Server exited!

Thank you in advance.