[Novalug] [Opinion] The age of "Guilt-By-Knowledge" and how the anti-system crowd has "won"

James Ewing Cottrell III JECottrell3@Comcast.NET
Sun May 3 00:41:47 EDT 2015

Just to be clear, it was Greg who was saying that he never used the
status commands, that he used ps and grep.

I believe this is wrong, that one should use the "service whatever
status" command...at least initially. PS should be reserved when Service
gets confused.

What I thought was Funny was him saying how "systemctl status whatever"
was better than "service whatever status".

But I may have misinterpreted Greg's comments....perhaps he was
referring to the subservices...the ones that xinetd had started.

JIM