[Novalug] ClamAV Question

Roger W. Broseus rogerb@bronord.com
Mon Mar 30 15:11:05 EDT 2015

Interested in trying Linode, I went to their site and found link for a speed
test. Clicking led to download of 100MB-newark.bin, a 105 MB file.

Being wary, I scanned it with ClamAV and it came out clean. But I still harbor
questions, particularly given the size of this .bin file. (Maybe it just
contains a bunch of data to upload for a speed test.)

Does ClamAV scan for malicious linux software?

Am I being too paranoid? (Wise cracks are welcome but might be OT. I'm NOT
trolling.)

Roger W. Broseus - Linux User
     Email: RogerB@bronord.com
     Web Site: www.bronord.com