[Novalug] linux mouse drivers

Walt Smith waltechmail@yahoo.com
Thu Mar 26 14:38:07 EDT 2015

Is there a selection of competing mouse
drivers for linux?   relatedly, how about interrupt drivers?
( kernel modules).  For use with GUI ( gnome or KDE ).

I've just got a feeling the driver for my specific Intel motherboard(s)
isn't doing the best.  I've tried doing some sensitivity settings.

This has been thru several Fedora distros and CentOS
over the last 6-8 years or so on these Intel MB's.
Can't really put my finger on it but thought it'd be an interesting Q.

If there is a selection, are they binary dropins available.. ?
otherwise, recompile...

also relately, I know there's a kernel project to patch
without rebooting..  I assume modules have always been
able to insert or delete as needed - with sometimes a lot
of dependencies.

----
The government is lawless, not the press (people).
( [Supreme Court] Justice Douglas re: The Pentagon Papers )